Web Content Article
Group Wellness Programs
Vital Life™ Group Wellness Program is a six-week program, which runs for two hours once per week. It focuses on developing tools and skills related to improving one’s vitality and resiliency. Our holistic approach to wellness will equip individuals to make lifestyle changes that will positively affect their physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
This six-week group program will provide opportunities for:
- education, self-evaluation, and examining the importance of maintaining life-style balance
- discussing the importance of nutrition; exercise; sleep
- managing symptoms of low mood, anxiety, and stress; boundaries and managing conflict
- learning strategies that increase awareness of factors that contribute to fluctuations in mood as well as methods to manage them
- reviewing proven techniques used to improve self-esteem and self-confidence, and manage stress and low mood
- defining what work-life balance means to each of us and what happens when our roles collide
- setting goals and achieving them
- discussing how to be intentional, creative and assertive when you need to be
- learning the importance of social connections and community in building long-term wellness, and understanding that social isolation is a significant health risk factor
There are four primary components of the Vital Life™ Group Wellness Program:
- 1. Six week group program delivered once per week for six weeks with a Powerpoint CD.
- 2. The participant booklet that accompanies the program which includes handouts and resource materials.
- 3. Training manual for the group leaders that has information for the six week program, including added resource material and information on group exercises for each group session.
- 4. The development of marketing materials. This includes the promotional PowerPoint presentation, materials for letters, brochures, website and pamphlets. There could be the development of a DVD or audio material in the future (ie: meditation materials, etc.).
“The training is thorough and delivered in a non-didactic and interactive manner that makes the learning enjoyable. I came away knowing that I could deliver the program with confidence. (Vital Life) has all the components to assist teachers with regaining and attaining a full, vital life. The content will help teachers with self-evaluation, gaining insight and then putting new skills into place. For some it might be a reminder, for others it will be a paradigm shift - but ultimately (Vital Life) will enhance the quality of any teachers life.” - Sherry, BCTF Health and Wellness Consultant